Custom Bodice Block and Toile
Are you keen to start designing your own clothing but struggle to get a well-fitting bodice block to work from? Let me take the hard work out, and draft and remotely fit a custom bodice block for you. Once completed, the draft will be mailed to you, ready for you to start designing.
How will it work?
- We will organize an online meet up during which I will guide you through taking your own measurements and discuss any fit issues you are aware of.
- Following this, I will custom draft a hip length bodice block and sleeve to your measurements and sew a toile ready for fitting.
- The toile will be mailed to you to be fitted via a second online meet up. It would be helpful, but not essential if you had a fitting buddy for this.
- The alterations noted during the fitting will be made to your draft. In some cases it may be necessary to return your toile for this to occur. If a second toile is required, it will be prepared and sent for a fitting in the same manner.
- Once we are satisfied with the fit, I will prepare a final clean copy of the block and mail it to you for your use, along with instructions on how to make your own toile to test your block.
What is included?
- Online meet-ups to collect your measurements and fit your toile(s)
- Provision of a Custom bodice block and sleeve drafted to your personal measurements
- All postage and materials
- One 30-minute online follow-up session to address any questions you have about your block or its fit
- Written instructions on how to prepare a toile
You will be invoiced through PayPal to confirm your booking and for final payment at completion as per the terms and conditions.
Australian Residents $280 AUD
Non-Australian Residents $250 AUD plus postage. Prior to booking, I will quote you on postage to your country.
Please email me through the contacts page to enquire further or make a booking.
Terms and Conditions
- To confirm your booking, a 50% deposit is required. The final 50% must be received prior to your block draft being mailed to you.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure accurate measurements are provided for the draft.
- The block will be drafted to the measurements provided however please note alterations are generally required to a basic block to correct for each clients’ unique contours, posture and asymmetries which cannot be accounted for by measurements alone. These will be addressed through the online fitting session.
Should you need to cancel your booking, please notify me in writing.
- Cancellations up until 7 days prior to your measurement appointment may receive a full refund minus any fees incurred by me for the booking.
- If cancelling 2-7 days prior to your measurement appointment, you may receive a 50% refund.
- No refund is available for cancellations with less than 48-hour notice or if you do not respond to the scheduled call on the day of your appointment.
- Rescheduling your appointment to another day may be possible, except if you fail to answer the scheduled call on the day of the appointment.
For cancellations once the drafting process has commenced, all work to date will be charged for.
If I need to cancel the booking, a full refund or rescheduling will be available.